I’ve gone days without eating animal protein, so to challenge myself I’m doing a 14 day vegan diet. I’m holding myself accountable by including all of you.
Well, I will document/blog all of my meals and snacks for 14 days. I’m basically giving my body a rest.
Our bodies are products of nature and it’s designed to heal and detoxify on its own natural way. Unfortunately, we are over-exposed to a large variety of toxins (environmental, food, water, and emotional) in our daily lives. Plus, we do not take good care of ourselves, leaving our system compromised and further polluted. I have one other family member on board with me, Kareem Anglin . He’s going to be my sidekick in this. We’re up for it and anyone else who’d like to join in.
Well, I have not been feeling the greatest lately, and I think I have a lot of toxic build-up. Lately, I’ve been experiencing low energy, low motivation, and I got sick twice within two months. It’s unlike me to get sick especially, back-to-back. That’s a no no in my book.
Here’s a list of some signs of toxic build-up. If you’re experiencing quite a few of these, maybe it’s time for a detox.
- poor digestion
- constipation or poor elimination
- low energy
- prolonged use of pharmaceuticals
- low motivation
- prolonged use of alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs
- susceptible to illness
- parasites, worms
- fungus, yeast growth
- continuous headaches
Poor food choices, stress, poor breathing and lack of sleep simply leave our systems overly acidic. The blood needs to remain in an alkaline range and the body’s intelligence will do everything in its power to keep this. A toxic internal environment is an acidic one. You will have cravings, addictions, tension, and moodiness, feel stiff, and find it hard to lose weight, suffer from poor digestion, heartburn and eventually even diseases like osteoporosis, cancer, and kidney stones.
So…this is why we need to detox.
It’s time for a washout! It’s time to clean out, refresh and revitalize. During the process I will also do a colon cleanse with my Ballerina Tea, and it’s caffeine free. It has senna in it which will make you go, seriously.
Here are my guidelines for this 14 day vegan diet/cleanse
- Favor foods in their whole form
- Eliminate white sugar and white flour
- Substitute animal protein (meat, eggs, chicken) with organic plant sources of protein (legumes, beans, nuts, seeds)
- Watch caffeine consumption (the less the better)
- Limit alcohol
- Drink ginger tea.
- Eat three meals per day with limited snacking (only if actually hungry, not bored!)
- Drink warm/room temperature water with meals rather than iced drinks.
- Weekly one day cleanse (ballerina tea)
- Include living foods in your diet like raw sprouts and fresh vegetables
- Wheatgrass as a supplement
All I have to do is increase my intake of these foods:
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables
- Fresh fruit juices
- Fresh vegetable juices
- Whole grains (pasta, rice and breads)
- Nuts and seeds
- Water/teas (at least two liters per day)
Keep in Mind…
When you detox, the toxins have to come up and out so there will be a process to go through. You may feel nausea, low energy, cravings, and even challenged at times.
It’s all worth it.