This organic brown rice pilaf is simple and healthy. It’s filled with healthy organic vegetables and fresh herbs for great flavoring.
- 1 1/2 Cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 medium cabbage
- 2 Carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 Can organic chick pea – drained
- 1 Medium onion – diced
- 2 Green onions (scallion)
- 1 Red bell pepper – diced
- ¾ cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 3 Garlic cloves – finely diced
- 1 Table spoon of coconut oil
- Salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook the rice, following the direction on the back of the packet, until tender. Set aside once cooked.
- Chop cabbage in small pieces. In the meantime sauté onions and the garlic in the coconut oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, bell peppers, chickpeas then sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the brown rice along with the parsley, green onions, salt and pepper – mix well.
Optional additions: To jazz this up a bit you coul also add dried fruits like cranberries or diced apricots, and chopped raw nuts. Sometimes I’ll drizzle about 2 tablespoons of organic sesame oil at the end to add more moisture if needed.