When cider is simmered for a long time, it reduces down to a tangy syrup that is thickened by apples’ natural pectins.
- 2 cups apple cider or unfiltered apple juice
- 2 large sweet potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
1. Boil cider in saucepan over medium heat 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until reduced to thick and syrupy 1/4 cup. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush sweet potato wedges with oil, sprinkle with cinnamon, and place on baking sheet.
Bake 45 minutes, or until tender and beginning to brown. Transfer to platter, and drizzle with cider reduction.
Courtesy of : http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/sweet-potato-wedges-with-cider-reduction/